oiliboi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Question How to modify the form?

I am creating a new Access database using the Contacts template.

How can I modify what I want to show on this form? When I edit the Design View of the Contact List (like adding more columns), they do show up in the Form view, however they do not show up on the actual form. I also have multiple columns in the table which do not show up on the form. I am trying to understand where this form is connected to?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Form question.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	30958

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You mean fields show in DesignView but not in FormView?

ContactList is in Datasheet view and some of the columns (fields) are hidden.

You say you want to edit ContactList but you show ContactDetails.

Why edit ContactList?

This is very basic Access functionality. Have you complete an introductory tutorial book?
    Last edited by June7; 10-26-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    adding more columns? sounds like you are adding columns (i.e. fields) to a table, not a form which does not have columns.

If this is the case and your form already exists, you have to add them manually. you do this in form design view by clicking on the 'add existing fields' option in the ribbon, then dragging the new fields to where you want them on the form

I am trying to understand where this form is connected to?
    in form design view, open the property sheet on the ribbon (next to the option above) if not already open. From the dropdown at the top, select Form then select the data tab - your connection is called the datasource. it may be the name of a table or query, or it may be sql (i.e. select * from myTable)

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You mean fields show in DesignView but not in FormView?

ContactList is in Datasheet view and some of the columns (fields) are hidden.

You say you want to edit ContactList but you show ContactDetails.

Why edit ContactList?
    I don't have a problem with editing Form View and Design View. When I make a change in Design View it shows up on Form View.
    The issue I have is editing Contact Details. I want the new fields which I add on Design View to also show up on Contact Details. For example, I have already added a field called "Plot #" on Design View which I also want to show up on Contact Details.
    The template (as seen from my first post) has fields which I do not want to show on the Contact Details (such as Company and Job Title).

**I am still learning the terminology and I confused Form with Contact Details. The bottom line is I want to modify the Contact Details to reflect what I have in the Design/Form View**

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I SOLVED IT.
    I right-clicked on Contact Details and clicked Design View. Now I can format the Contact Details.

June7 is online now VIP
    Advise not to use spaces nor punctuation/special characters (underscore only exception) in naming convention. Better would be PlotNum or Plot_Num.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.