Access 2007 Multi selection check boxes in a form

MS Access 2007 Form. I need to create either check boxes or a mutivalued list in a form where the user can select more than one item. For example, I am creating a call list that tracks various information including the type of call or 'Topic Code'. The user wants to be able to track what the topic is for each call - but there may be several topics in one call, therefore the need to pick one or several options from the topic code lookup table for each phone call record. When attempting to do this using check boxes (with the control source pointing to the topic code lookup table) if one check box is selected in the form - all check boxes are selected. I don't know a way around this and was hoping for some suggestions. Thank you.

Tambe is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Also interested in the same issue and I use Access 2010. Any assistance anywhere?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You want to be able to select multiple items at once and save those selections to record? Options:

1. field set to allow multiple values - I NEVER use multi-value fields

2. select items from a listbox and code loops through the selected items and saves multiple records to a related table

How can the checkbox ControlSource point to lookup table? ControlSource must be a field of table where you want to save record, not a lookup table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.