f15e is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Graph duplication when using record source

When I display a chart that is within a report, the chart is replicated 15 times. I have 15 different charts all together to display different charts based on data within my tables, but when the user selects a specific chart, it should only show one instance of the chart and not replicated 15 times.

I realized that this replication occurs when I have the record source set to my data table in the report properties. The problem is that the user can change the data in the table and I want the graph to update once the user finishes updating the table (user clicks SAVE when table data editing is complete). Without having the record source set in the Report properties, the chart does not update to reflect the changes in the table. It works perfectly when the record source is set but then the chart is replicated 15 times, which I don't want; I want it to show on once.

So my question is, how do I update the chart (user clicks SAVE) to reflect the table changes without setting the record source in the Report? I have added an attachment to show what my output looks like. I would greatly appreciate help or examples of fixing this issue.
    Chart Replication.pdf

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Chart is in Detail section? There are 15 records?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Yes my chart is within a report and the report is in the detail section of my main form. Sorry but what instructions are you referring to?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    At bottom of my post:

"To provide db: Make copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression if over 500KB (2MB zip allowed), attach to post. Attachment Manager is below the Advanced post editor window, click Go Advanced below the Quick Reply window."
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Is there any other way you could help me? I don't really want to put my entire db on here. My db is 30.6MB. Could you possibly provide a link or instructions on what I need to do to try resolve my issue? I'm not trying to be difficult here it's just I have a lot of information in my db that I don't want to put out on the web and that information needs to be included if I upload my db for you to analyze.

Let me see if I can alter my db to remove all the info except what I need help with.

Sorry but it would take too much time to alter to upload. There's a lot of parts and pieces within the code to adjust. I would still like some advice or direction with my issue. Thanks!

I got it working now. Probably not the best solution but it works. I set the report's record source equal to that table, then to nothing, and finally requery the subform my report is on (requery b/c the table is also shown on form so needed to show the updated info).

Me(report_name).Report.RecordSource = record_src_tbl_name
    Me(report_name).Report.RecordSource = ""
    Me(subform_name).Requery

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.