Shazz123 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Need database help - not sure what to call it

In the database I have created I am collating information such as equipment details for multiple equipment on the one form. I want to be able to put this into a table so that it can be reported on;

Fields are
    Equipment Type - Make - Model - Serial Number

Then the user can chose what equipment type via a combo box & manually enter the remaining formation. So what could possibly happen is that there could be 3 type of equipment located at the one address. How can I then link this information to a table for each individual item?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Have you studied an introductory tutorial book for Access to learn the basics of relational database principles and Access functionality?

What is the relationship between equipment and address? You already said each address can be associated with multiple equipment. Can each equipment be associated with multiple addresses? If yes, this is a many-to-many relationship and requires a third 'junction' table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Shazz123 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    No I havent studied anything with regards to Access - I learning on the go really.

The form is an inspection - so there is one address & the equipment type could be multiple - for example I could do an inspection on a house & they may have many air conditioners so I will need to input this data as each unit could be a different model & will have different serial numbers. Currently with the equipment type column I have combo boxes however they are unbound as I found that when they were bound as soon as I changed one box the other boxes also changed to be the same whereas I need them to possibly be all different. Perhap I have designed it incorrectly?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The type field should have only one combobox associated with it. Why do you have multiple?

If combobox is not bound how are you saving to record in table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.