djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

An unanswered post...?

A few days ago I posted a question in the queries forum section entitled, "Total bar in a Crosstab query." I see that 38-members viewed my post, yet no replies. I'm wondering: A) no member has an answer to my post/question B) my post/question is too stupid to answer (and please, I'm not at all trying to be sarcastic here C) or...?

I've been coming/posting on this site for many years. I practically taught myself the basics of Access via tons of help from many of the other members here, but I don't believe I ever posted without any member replying back to me.

My post is located at: https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=67714

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I never reply to crosstab query posts because I've never created a crosstab query and don't know what the Total Bar is.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I'd say none of the above. No question is too stupid, someone generally at least asks for clarification, and sometimes I wonder how this site generates the "New Post" lists as sometimes I'll see many in the list. I answer a post and go back to the list and it's a lot shorter. Might have something to do with rolling over midnight; I don't know. As for your other post, I can say I was away for several days and didn't see it.

I think what you're supposed to do in these cases is add your own response to bring it back into the current list. I'd also add a post title (not to be confused with the question itself), bringing the lack of responses into focus in a polite way. I'd suggest closing this thread soon as I'm sure any answers to the first post will be found there and not here.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I suspect the answer is A, it's certainly not B. I saw the question, and have used crosstab queries, but haven't used the total bar so not sure what you mean.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    And I completely missed the thread until read this one.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    CrossTab stuff gives me the creeps. I have done some but always seem to just muddle though till I see the output I want

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.