Subform in a Subform and relationships

I'm trying to build a "multilayered" form and I'm not having any luck.

Basically I have 3 tables: Test ID, Data Item, and Revision.

Each test event has a unique Test ID. For each test event there are multiple sets of data that are delivered which have their own unique id. And for each Data Item there may be multiple revisions delivered.

The way I have the form set up is there is the main form for the test event. Embedded is a Data Item Subform where you can scroll through each Data Item delivered for that test event. Inside that subform is another subform where you can scroll through each revision delivered for that Data Item. The problem is that, although the Data Item numbers and revision numbers never change, occasionally the test event ID may change based on program redirection. With the relationships that I have set up, when I update the Test ID it gets updated in the Data Item subform/table, but it doesn't update the Revision subform/table.

How do I set up a relationship where if I make a change it gets updated thoughout?

StepUP is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000
    I'm assuming that you have cascading updates turned on for the Test ID and Data Item tables since Data Item gets updated.

You should then have a SEPARATE relationship between Data Item and Revision (i.e. no Test ID foreign key in the Revision table). If that is the case, Revision records will always follow Data Item records regardless of whether the test event ID changes.

Correct, I do have cascading turned on and I do have a seperate relationship between Data Item and Revision, but I do have a Test ID in the Revision table but it doesn't get updated and that's what I want to do. Ultimately, the revision is tied to that test event through the data item it was delivered for.

StepUP is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000
    Well you could still create a relationship With the secondary table and turn on the cascade update for it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.