Question Need help on Combo Box

I built a database that tracks customer orders and inventory. When a customer places an order, one of the items on the order form is a Combo Box that displays items available to order from the Inventory Table. When an order is placed, a macro decreases the quantity of items left in the Inventory Table by one. The Combo Box is built on a query that looks into the Inventory Table. A criteria in the query is to show items if the quantity left is >= 1. The reason for this is so that over time as new items are added to the Inventory Table, the list in the Combo Box doesn't grow to an unmanageable size plus it should only show items that are in stock. The issue is that if you go back to a customer order that had been placed previously and the item ordered is now out of stock, i.e. the quantity is zero, the Combo Box is blank because of the >= criteria. I would like to be able to continue to display in the Combo Box what was ordered. Can anyone help?

dsmacs is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Try two forms, the Entry order form with the macro and the Review Order form without the macro?

Talking Need help on Combo Box

Thank you for the response. Your suggestion is a possibility but I'm looking for something where the user doesn't have to think about which form to open to get the correct results.

Any other ideas?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.