stevman22889 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Pulling only certain data from tables.

Hello,

I am creating a database where you can choose from a list of statuses for each individual record. However, when one of the statuses (purchased) is selected, I would like it to prompt whoever is accessing the database to fill in some additional information (justification and cost). The way my database is set up now, the status_printer table is connected to the purchases table in a one to one relationship, connected by an autonumber ID. This allows me to choose a single record (the status_printer table is connected to the main printer table by serial) by serial number, but the cost center and justification are showing up for every record. Is there any way I can limit this so that that info will just pop up for a record marked as purchased?

Visually:

This is the setup of my relationships in the database. The table below is the status_printer table in this database, and whenever I choose to open a particular record, it shows the contents of the purchased table because of the way I have the relationships set up:

My problem is, I want the information from the purchases table to ONLY show up when the status of the record is set to Purchased. I know it's probably going to involve an IIF function in either a Query or a Form, is there anyone out there who can help me with this issue? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by stevman22889; 07-14-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added pictures.

stevman22889 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Bump. Please check out the photos and see if you can help! I updated my post to include the screenshots so I hope this will help someone solve my issue.

AccessThis is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    So all you want to do is filter your table to show only purchases?

Well a really simple way to do this for your own use is to click/highlight on the 'status_id' field and up at the top where the filter button is, you can click selection then choose equals 'purchased'

and that should only display records that have their status_id set to purchase.

You can build a query to do this permanently so you don't have to always press the buttons and just directly open the query to show what you want. Not sure if this is what you wanted, sorry!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.