cap.zadi is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Inspection Record and Data Analysis Database

Dears

I need your help in this matter.

Case:
    At the end of the process stage, there will be Kiln Car (lets say 10 cars/day) loaded with product (one type of product at one car) will come out from furnace and shall be inspected and results shall be declared in either three categories :

a.Good (
    b.ReWork (if then shall select the reason)
    c.Reject (if then shall select the reason)

Notes: There are different type of 9 products and each product had its own loading pattern like 71 Pipes/Car to 8 Pipes Per car (as attached below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loadding Pattern ES500.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	29068

Requirement:

The Inspector shall be able to select the loading pattern format as per product and shall process the results via touch screen by clinking on the given position of pipes on the car and mark results against each position.
    a. The position already inspected shall be disabled.
    b. The summary results shall be visible on the form as total good, rejected and remaining to inspect.
    c. The position wise report as same inspection format to be available for printing to see trends for quality by position.
    d. A summary report to be available at the end of the shift to see total summary results by car and total.
    e. etc

Notes: One shift can have many cars to inspect.

In my Opinion?

"TblFiredInspec"

TranID : Auto number (PK)
    TranDate:
    Shift:
    Workcenter:
    Inspector:

*Once Selected in start up of shift

"TblFiredInspecSub"

InspecID : Auto number (PK)
    TranID : FK
    Product: FK (from TblProducts) *Once product is selected then related loading format shall Pop-Up.
    CarNo:

Question: Here, how to link the piece to piece inspection results and program all the above scenario?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    This looks like a fun project.

I am curious about your 'pipe' layouts. Are they all honeycombed (hex layout) such that you could create setups and save setups on a grid?
    or do you have other layouts (square)?

Can multiple inspectors be reporting on the same physical machine (computer) at the same time?
    can multiple inspectors inspect the same car?
    what is your maximum number of pipes per row?
    what is your maximum number of rows per car?

I would be inclined to save the layouts in a table, then when you select what you're inspecting have your data entry form pull up the correct layout and populate your tables with the base information. I would think you would also want some mechanism for reporting uninspected items for instance if an item or two was missed in the car you'd want to know.

I think I'd have something like (if multiple inspectors can inspect the same car)

I would think you would need at a minimum
    tblInspector (list of inspectors)
    tblProduct (product list)
    tblBaseMatrix (a list of row/pipe i.e. Row 1, Pipe 1, Row 1 Pipe 2, which would represent the maximum number of rows/pipes on any given car)
    tblProductMatrix (stores the product and the row/pipe layout against the base matrix)
    tblInspection (Stores inspection information which is car number, date of production, maybe a sequence number of the day)
    tblInspectionDetail (stores inspection results per car/slot)

I might alter this depending on some of your requirements but it'd be a fairly good start.

Dear Sir

Thanks for your interest.

I am curious about your 'pipe' layouts. Are they all honeycombed (hex layout) such that you could create setups and save setups on a grid?
    or do you have other layouts (square)?
    *These are vitrified sewerage pipes but having sizes Nominal Diameter (DN) from DN 150 till DN 1200.

Can multiple inspectors be reporting on the same physical machine (computer) at the same time?
    can multiple inspectors inspect the same car?
    what is your maximum number of pipes per row?
    what is your maximum number of rows per car?
    *No, we have two inspection lines and each line shall have its own physical machine (Touch screen).
    *No, Only one Inspector shall inspect the car with his unloading team.
    * 14 pipes per row.
    * 10 rows per car.

I would be inclined to save the layouts in a table, then when you select what you're inspecting have your data entry form pull up the correct layout and populate your tables with the base information. I would think you would also want some mechanism for reporting uninspected items for instance if an item or two was missed in the car you'd want to know.
    I think, its a great idea.

I would think you would need at a minimum
    tblInspector (list of inspectors) - Already available as employees list and a extend table list can be created for inspectors.
    tblProduct (product list)- Already available

Kindly provide some practical example for below:

tblBaseMatrix (a list of row/pipe i.e. Row 1, Pipe 1, Row 1 Pipe 2, which would represent the maximum number of rows/pipes on any given car)
    tblProductMatrix (stores the product and the row/pipe layout against the base matrix)

* I think we need three tables for this purpose or two will be enough:

tblInspection (Stores inspection information which is car number, date of production, maybe a sequence number of the day)
    tblInspectionDetail (stores inspection results per car/slot)
    "TblFiredInspection"
    TranID : Auto number (PK)
    TranDate:
    Shift:
    Workcenter:

Inspector:
    *Once Selected in start up of shift

"TblFiredInspecSub" (There can be many cars to inspect per shift)
    InspecID : Auto number (PK)
    TranID : FK
    Product: FK (from tblProductMatrix)
    CarNo:

"TblFiredInspecDetails"
    (Stores the detailed inspection results, as good, rework and rejects with reasons)

Kindly advise the needful.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003

Example Database

Here's an example:

cap_zadi.zip

The grids on both the matrix setup and on the actual data entry screen have on click events. The 'data' entry such as it is is big buttons that should be easy on a touch screen. This isn't perfect but it's a start.

Dear Sir

Thanks for the workout and it seems fantastic so far. I will test it and get back to you soon.

Since, i am inspired by your understanding and skills. I would like you to review my this thread as well and advise the needful.

"Open another form based on fields main form applying Multiple Where Condition"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.