Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    smikkelsen is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60

    ACCDE Problem

    I have a database that I have been using for months. It is split. I have made many many updates to the front end, and never had a problem. Well, this last set up changes/updates I made has some sort of problem. Althought the problem does not exist until I make create an accde and then try to open it.



    This is the message I get:
    the expression you entered has a function name that databasename can't find.

    I have read A LOT and tried a million things, but no luck.

    I have an autoexecute macro that runs some vba code. It is telling me that it can't find the function in this code. However, for the past 6 months or so, the code in this auto exe and the module for the vba code has not changed at all. Just to be safe, I copied the code from an older version that still works fine, and pasted it in. Still no change.

    I read that it might have something to do with the references. I will be honest, I really have no idea about any of the references. However, I am suspicious of one change that I made. I read on one forum aobut the dao reference, may be a problem. I recently added some code that uses dao and creates a recordset, but just does a simple loop through the records. I went into the references and noticed that the dao 3.6 reference was not added. When I tried to add it, it gave me an error saying that there is a duplicate name (module, macro, reference). So i just unchecked the ado reference, and it didn't appear that I needed it. Then it let me add the dao reference. But this still did not fix the problem.

    I even created a new database, and copied everything over to it, but this didn't end up working. There were all kinds of missing things, so I gave up on that.

    Any ideas on what the problem may be??

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    pdebaets is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    235
    You may have a duplicate procedure name somewhere. I ran into this same problem with a database that had been working fine. The problem was I had imported a module that had a function named "ng_autoexec" which was the same name as an existing function named "ng_autoexec".

    If that doesn't help, try: http://www.peterssoftware.com/t_fixerr.htm

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Convert to ACCDE through VBA
    By johnrt87 in forum Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
  2. Cannot create ACCDE file
    By swilliams in forum Access
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
  3. Cannot make ACCDE
    By DanW in forum Database Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
  4. ACCDE Recisions
    By Eric1066 in forum Access
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:33 AM
  5. Make ACCDE problem
    By Eric1066 in forum Access
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Other Forums: Microsoft Office Forums - Senior Forums