johnomar is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Machine Parts Database

Hi
    I want to design a database for a company that sells machine parts. Usually what I will do is create an orders table, customers table, products table and ordersDetails table. The orders table will store the customerID as a foreign key. The ordersDetails table will store the ProductID as a foreign key.
    Then I will create a form that uses the orders table as a record source and a subform inside the main form that uses the ordersDetails table as a record source. The main form is linked to the subform by the OrderID.
    When the user enters an order, he/she will start at the main form and selects the customer from a combo box (the orderID will be generated automatically). Then at the subform, the user will select the product from a combo box and enters the quantity in a text field, and will repeat the same steps for other products in this order(subform will be in a datasheet view).
    What I want to do for the machine parts database is that, after entering the OrderID and Customer in the main form, I want the subform to be an independent form (a button on the main form will open the new form) and on this new form their will be a thumbnail image of all the machine parts in my database. The user then clicks a thumbnail image of the machine part that he/she wants to be included on this order. The click on the thumbnail image will open a new form. On this new form their will be a large image of the machine part and a text box to enter the quantity of the machine part to be ordered. After the user enters the quantity, I want the order to be considered completed.

Could anyone please give me some tips or hints on how to achieve this ?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.