Tambe257 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016

Multi Input Filtering

I have a basic form called WebAppExport that is showing results from a query called WebAppExportQry. The data are products in a chain of retail stores. (fields such as store number, item number, price, etc.) I currently have a search box that limits the results, based on searching the description, item number, or UPC code.

I added a combobox called StoreCombo that lists all of the store numbers. I want to be able to choose a store number and then search only the records where StoreNum = the value in StoreCombo.

Here is my search box info:

There's a text box called txtSearch

and a button called SearchBtn that has an onClick Macro with an ApplyFilter who's Where Condition =
    [ItemNameWeight] Like "*" & [Forms]![WebAppExport]![txtSearch] & "*" Or [ItemNum] Like "*" & [Forms]![WebAppExport]![txtSearch] & "*" Or [ItemUPCCode] Like "*" & [Forms]![WebAppExport]![txtSearch] & "*"

I assume I need to add some code to the button onClick event that says to pull the StoreNum from the combobox and filter the form accordingly. Any suggestions how to do that properly would be appreciated.

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Have you considered altering the webappexportqry so that only data from storenum = 5 is shown when you select 5 from the combobox.

Then the macro above neednt be touched and will do the same thing when you click the command button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean dynamically using the combobox? If so, that's fine, but I'm not sure how to do that. If you mean just filtering the query, then that's not what I'm looking to do. I want to have our store managers all be able to look up product info, so I want the manager of store# 111 to choose his store# and then search for the product. Our stores are in many different locations and can have different prices, costs, vendors, etc. at each one.

I figured it out on my own. Maybe this is what andy49 was referring to....

In the query, I went to the filer criteria and used the builder to have the value from the combobox entered into the criteria. This simple tutorial was helpful:
    https://btabdevelopment.com/how-to-u...a-for-a-query/

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Not quite what I meant but glad you've sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.