Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

all your tables are external so I can only open the forms in design view. I can't find the button that runs your code, nor can I find your code, except for some seemingly unrelated embedded macros and I can't open the one macro that's there. My version is too old. I'm thinking you might have to upload a version with your tables; not sure if your version can create a 2007 version or not given that there may be some newer unsupported features in what you have. It also occurred to me that since I don't have adobe thus can't create a pdf, there may not be much I can do. I was willing to take a stab at it anyway, but there's too many db obstacles for me as it stands.

SGrohola is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Need help getting code to work.

On the main form (Owner Operator List), is a button "Open Contract Info". This opens another form, and the button "Command41" is the button used to execute the code. It will not let me save the database as an older version, but it states that this file is supported by Access 2007 - 2013.

I have attached the updated database, with the data not on the back end.

I would really love help on being able to get this code to work. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, here's the thing. There are several comments or suggestions that we've made or questions that have been asked which you haven't addressed and I don't know why. Given that and the facts that I don't have Adobe and still have compatibility issues with your db, I don't see how I can help further. For future reference, how to create an older version.

I still am at a loss as to why you're pursuing this method given that yours is a simple form that you could create as a report and export as a pdf if you must have that as the final file type. Maybe someone else will chime in and help with what you're doing in Adobe. I do wish you good luck with your endeavor.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-07-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: clarification

SGrohola is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I was able to create a few of the paper forms as reports, but if I need more than 2 pages, that's where a big part of the problem comes in.

Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it. Like I have stated, I'm not a programmer, so I can understand some of the code, but when it doesn't want to work, I'm at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    OK, here's the thing. There are several comments or suggestions that we've made or questions that have been asked which you haven't addressed and I don't know why. Given that and the facts that I don't have Adobe and still have compatibility issues with your db, I don't see how I can help further. For future reference, how to create an older version.

I still am at a loss as to why you're pursuing this method given that yours is a simple form that you could create as a report and export as a pdf if you must have that as the final file type. Maybe someone else will chime in and help with what you're doing in Adobe. I do wish you good luck with your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by SGrohola View Post
    I was able to create a few of the paper forms as reports, but if I need more than 2 pages, that's where a big part of the problem comes in.
    That would be a different thread methinks - but I don't grasp the meaning of need more than 2 pages.
    You could start one with that issue and put a link to it in this thread. You'll probably get more responders than the Adobe issue since reports are more native to this forum.

scott0_1 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2013 32bit
    Hi all,

I don't want to start a new thread because the title of this one fits perfectly, but let me know.

I have a fillable PDF called ControlledAssets.PDF. In my Access DB I have all the data that would be required for a user to complete the .PDF. I would like a button in the DB the user could hit to populate the fillable .PDF.

I've done a little research, including following the link from Micron, but it doesn't look like there is a clear way to do this. The only way I've found so far is to export the data to a .txt and then import it into the .PDF. This is doable, but I can't imagine that in 2018 there isn't a more direct way of sending this information to a .PDF.

Thanks for any help!

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Have a look at the fillable pdf demo by the DBGuy at http://www.accessmvp.com/thedbguy/demos/fillablepdf.asp
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

scott0_1 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2013 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ridders52 View Post
    Have a look at the fillable pdf demo by the DBGuy at http://www.accessmvp.com/thedbguy/demos/fillablepdf.asp

Unfortunately, our IT department has our computer locked down like you wouldn't believe. I don't even think I could play Nibbles on this thing unless they approved it! Downloading examples is a definite no-go for me.

I'm going to read through what I can on that link and I'll probably follow-up at home tonight, but if you could give me the gist of it, that would be awesome.

Stupid security! (they probably just read that)

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry - I've never had a reason to use it but I know many others have done so.
    The DBGuy posts regularly at both AWF and UA ...but AFAIK not here
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

adey669 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Just one thing here you only seem to have one field set so TrailerUnitNo has nothing to fill

Windows 10 Access 2016
    you only seem to have one field set which is for TruckNo so you have nothing to fill in for trailer

Windows 10 Access 2016
    you only have one field set and that is for truckno so there is nowhere for trailerno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.