Cindy is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Unhappy Action Failed -Error Number: 2950

We recently moved from MSOffice 2000 to MSOffice 2007 where we have a database for printing badges off site. Since we moved we are now receiving the following error when printing badges:

Action Failed
    Macro Name: Print Member Badge
    Condition: True
    Action Name: OpenReport
    Arguments: MemberBadge,0,,
    Error Number: 2950

The program will allow you to print a label then will do a few different problems as follows:

1. Print badge
    2. Will act as it printed but not print - does not show in printer que
    3. Give the above error message
    4. Won't print names that are in the database more than one time without getting above error message
    5. Just won't print a name in the database you know is there and get the above error message

I have turned on the trusted database. I have re-installed the print driver.
    I have replaced the database with an older version before updating the database with new members. I have created a test to verify the trusted database is turned on with success. Still I receive the above error message when trying to print member badges.

I am not an expert in access. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the error go away without having to recreate the entire database program.

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I would guess that the error has something to do with the arguments section of the macro. I generally do not use macros but prefer Visual Basic for Applications instead. I assume that you have a form with the person displayed and you click a button to print the badge for that person, correct?

It will be very hard to correct this issue without seeing the database itself. Is there any way to post the database with any sensitive data removed?

(If you are able to post it, I will have to look at it tonight since we do not have Access 2007 here at work.)

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    That error is the result of one of two problems:

1. Your database is not Trusted, or
    2. Your network permissions aren't set up properly.

Since you stated that you've set the database up as Trusted, it's most likely the second issue.

Make sure everyone using the database has Read, Write, Modify, and Execute permissions to the Folder where the database is stored or to the database file itself (Folder permissions are preferred). If you're using a Split Database, these permissions must be set on the Folder containing the backend file.

Cindy is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Verified that Network Rights were set as specified and the Database as Trusted. Still having issues 1 thru 5 now with one more error added.
    "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running. Ok" Verify Print spooler service is started and Automatic.. Still have to stop and restart. Only to have steps 2 and 3 with printing to start up again.

I gave full rights to the folder, shared the folders and assigned it to the everyone group just to make sure there was no way it didn't have enough rights. I even gave everyone full rights to the database.
    Last edited by Cindy; 07-07-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Hrm.

The fact that you got a Spooler error like that makes me think that it's not an issue with Access, but an issue with the computer itself.

Is there any way you can put the database on a different computer?

If not, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Access (or the Access Runtime) to make sure there's not a problem there. Just be sure to restart after every step (even if you don't think it's necessary) when uninstalling/reinstalling. This should allow Windows to hopefully replace any system files that were corrupted the first time around.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Oh! Also try running a Compact and Repair on the Frontend database. That's solved many a "weird" database problem for me!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.