rebfein is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Table does not refresh view without saving, closing and reopening

In the ECO database, I created a table for the information. I then created a form to make the data entry easier on me.

However, the ECO table does not automatically update information added from the form when I switch to view the table (especially when I check it after coming back from a break). I have to save & close the table; then re-open the table before the information appears in the table.

How can I correct this?

Thank you,

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    the data IS in the form and the table.
    if the form is set to dataentry, you may not see data until you leave the form.
    if the form is continous form, and not dataentry, the data should roll upwards as you enter data.

check the property and how the form is opened.

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Have you tried me.refresh on the form_afterupdate event?

Hi ranman256,

I understand that the data is in the form. I'm having problems with it appearing in the table without the steps taken above. It is just frustrating not to see it appear in the table, when I know I've entered 50 records and the table still shows 25.

I've just checked all the selections in the tabs in the Property sheet window and am unable to discern if the form is set to data entry or continuous form.

The from opens in Form View with the first record showing.

Hope this helps

jwhite is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    "...when I switch to view the table..."

Does this mean you have the table open while the new records are being added to the form? If so, the table view will not "auto-update" with new records until you close and re-open it.

Hi Andy49,

I just tried your suggestion and entered it into the Code Builder window and it was a 'no go.' Should I have entered it elsewhere?

I'm afraid I'm in need of point by point instructions at this time.

Thank you,

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    What you are seeing on your screen is a snapshot in time, if the table is open and you are looking at the first record and you open the form looking at the first record, at that point in time both will match. However, if you make any changes in either place it will not be reflected in the other as the snapshot hasn't changed - if you get my drift. You need to refresh the painting on the screen for it to match what is actually stored on the table. Another thing to remember is that changes aren't moved to the actual table until you move off the record, either by closing the table/form or by moving on to another record.

The form's Default View property says whether you are showing one record at a time or multiple (continuous). The form's Cycle property says whether you deal with one record at a time or you keep going thru them all - if it is set to Current Record then you won't get off that record until you force a move to the next record or close the form; If it is set to All Records then as soon as you finish with one the next record will be displayed and the changes saved to the table.

It is in knowing how you want your form to behave that determines how the data is being moved to the table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.