Karaline is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Question Form not going to new page. Asking again

I know i am asking this question again, but it seemed that people were quite happy to tell me that it wasn't possible and was in my mind. But it was and is.

I have a form that used to go to new blank form when i had tabbed through but has now stopped going to new page and it just goes back to the first cell, the data entered stays on the page and it is stagnant and going nowhere.

It is occuring, it may be easy to say no it isn't but it really is. so how do i solve this problem please?

i hope i can get more information by rewording my question in main forum. I believe it is all based on the solution I put to the "TotalCost" field. I added a calculation into the before update event. this then became a causality effect of that. maybe I need to add something more to afterupdate?

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
    Me.txtTotalCost = Nz(Me.TotalQuantity) * Nz(Me.txtRRate) + Nz(Me.txtTotalsQA) * Nz(Me.txtTRate)

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    once you reach the last text box on the form, the cursor will jump back to the 1st text box.
    when you say 'go to new page', do you mean :

1. you want the cursor to go to a blank page in the form past the last text box?
    or
    2. you want the cursor to go to a new set of text boxes NOT seen before? (a new page of boxes)
    or
    3 the next record ?

in form design, you must stretch the page length to the screen height, then enter more field text boxes.
    There are not really separate 'pages'. The form is an infinite single form,but screen holds so much ,thus making a page.
    Last edited by ranman256; 02-27-2017 at 07:51 AM.

before I wrote the code into the before update event, i would reach the last field and after i clicked past that field it would clear all of the data entries and give me a clean sheet of empty fields to enter into.

the data entry would go directly to the tables. and not just empty off of the screen. i am unsure what I have deleted to stop this happening.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I would not recommend doing it the way you have it. I would have an ADD button but if you set on doing it that way, maybe in the LostFocus Event of that last field, put in:

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
    Me.NameofYourFirstField.SetFocus

needing to take time and press the save new command button at the end of each entry is time wasting.

I would like it to allow the user to just keep going if they wish to. they can use the navigation bar to go back a page if they want to repair or check work.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I THINK the form Cycle property has to be 'All Records' and the form has to be set to 'Data Entry' = Yes
    Perhaps you changed one or the other if it used to work?

Correction: I tested and that is not correct, although I was able to move to a new record by tabbing IF I was at the last record and All Records was the cycle property.
    Last edited by Micron; 02-27-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: correction
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    What type of form is it, Continuous, Dataset or Single? I think you could still do that code on the last field if you cannot get it to automatically get it there.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.