fishhead is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

caching problems

I'm using MSAccess 2010 and have noticed the front end of my dbase really slows down shortly after using it for a little while.
    When i delete and relink the backend tables the programs works very fast again.

I"ve also noticed that for some reason my application seems to remove the "caching web services and sharepoints tables" option. This option reappears in a new "empty" database though. I'm not sure if this option would even correct my problem but this seems to be the only solution i can find online.

Is there anyway to keep the program running as fast as it does as soon as i relink the backend tables? btw the backend tables are on a server over a network and the 3 other workstations accessing this backend data have the same speed problem.

tks,

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    well I see your profile as Access 2010 - and while I realize that may not be valid/accurate - it could be. Only beginning with Access 2013 was term "365 aware" used by Microsoft. So if one is to use a classic split Access database with a Wide Area Network between the front & back files then it should only be done (in my opinion) using 2013 or later and with the back file in a 365 account or a corporate sharepoint server.

The classic Access deployment, until the method describe above, never allowed a WAN link between front/back. Instead one must use a terminal services style deployment where the front & back both reside on the server (or at lease on the same LAN) and the user remotes into the front end. In this deployment each user must still have their own front end, they cannot share front ends, but the front is not on their PC. Remote Desktop is an example of a terminal services type deployment.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    What about bloat? You might be suffering from rapid expansion of the file sizes so check that for growth. Are you storing documents/images in tables? Are we talking regular use here or frequent design changes? Did you try compact/repair instead of relinking to see if that solved your speed issue (until next time)? If you've never used the feature, I would make a backup copy of the db before doing so for the first time.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.