aggie16 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Exclamation Creating multiple unique reports from one query & how to mass email those reports

Help!

So I have very basic knowledge in Access and I have been assigned a project in creating a more efficient tool.

I have hundreds of customers and wanting to make this process easier - every thing will be created once (minus adding new customers) but emails will be sent daily.

So here is what I need help with:
    1) I am wanting to create unique reports per customer that will include that customer's info - all info is lined up in a single query
    2) Then I need to be able to mass send those reports daily to the corresponding customer

Can I do this in Access 2013? I have looked everywhere and haven't has luck.....if you can help you'll be my hero.

Right now our system has an issue - from what I can tell everything was manually entered...and I really don't want to do that

Thanks & Gig'em

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Couple of questions by mass sending them do you mean electronically? E-mail or uploading to a directory on a server only that customer has access to? Or Do you want to print the reports and put them in an envelope to send them? Either way it can be done in MS Access however, It's difficult to give any info on how to do it without knowing more about what you're trying to do.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    You are asking too much of this forum. We are here to answer specific questions.

For number 1, create a query and use that in report wizard - that will create your report.

For number 2, google how to send emails from Access.

aytee111

Thank you - I've exhausted all my current resources and thought I could get some help on here. I apologize for asking too much - I'm new at this and was assigned a task I didn't know much about. I've been on google and youtube all day.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Yes, it is tough starting new things. Start with creating the query, come to us with specific questions about it if you can't get it working. Access can do all you are asking so jump in!

RayMilhon -

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am wanting to send the email through Access. Our current system uses a Macro to send out each email - and I understand the basics of that. However, with a new system I really do not want to have to manually input each email address into a Macro after I manually input them into a table. If I have to, that's fine.

And the same with the Queries - I know how to do everything manually. But was curious if there is a better way - if not, that's totally fine. I just want to make this tool efficient and honestly I do not know much about programming and all that - but do want to learn.

Basically I am creating test run with 5 customers - each with a specific product and price. I want to create this report and send them via email.

I've tried the mailmerge feature, but something is not working right.

I know I am asking a lot and not even sure what is possible - I thought I would just take a shot in the dark. I dunno if I explained myself clearly or not - let me know.

Thank you!

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    My advice aggie

Take it one step at a time. As aytee said, create a query which outputs the results which you can then get in a report.

Then look into sending the emails.

The moment you hit a hurdle, let us know what it is. We'll get you over it if it's possible.

Best of luck

Aytee111 -

I have a query created - I know how to do that. Guess my first specific question is if I can use that query to create multiple customized reports that include. Basically each line item in the query I want to put into a report.......

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Yes have you tried using the report wizard?

andy49 -

So the query (this query is based on multiple tables and just condensed and new things calculated) I have is basically a set of a different customer with unique products/price/etc per line -- so I was wondering if there is a way I can use that query to create multiple unique reports based per line item. I know how to go in and create each new query based on a filter - but I just want to make things easy for a future user.

I guess I'm not making much sense - but I honestly don't know how else to describe what I need help with....

Andy49 -

Yes and it just puts everything on one page - and I don't want that

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Ok so you have a query which produces all the info for every customer and you want each customers info on a separate report (to be emailed to them I think you said)

If the reports are basically the same format then you could:

create one report filtering the report each time from within vba
    save the report to a pdf file then
    email the pdf file to the customer?

andy49 -

Pretty much yes! Well email part can be hit next - but I do need to do that report filtering with vba. How can I do that??

Thank you!

andy49 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.