franjo17 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Workers and their knowledge database creation help!

Hi everbody!

I need some help with creating Microsoft Access database. Here is the situation:

In my firm there are 8 departments (rotors, stators, drilling etc…). Each department has certain number of machines (let's call them by numbers – machine 1, machine 2…), and few of those machines are used in 2 departmens(machine 2 is used by rotors and by stators department). The firm has 70 workers. I need to create database of workers, and put in which machines they know how to operate (worker Jack knows how to work on machine 1 and machine 4…).
    I would like to create search filters that will list me names of workers that know how to operate certain machine (list of workers who can operate machine 2). Also, i would like to search by name, and then see which machines they can operate (which machine can Bob operate…).
    One more thing to make it easier for me to enter people in database, is when i "tick" that worker doesn't know how to operate machines in certain department, i would „tick“ that department, and automaticly all the machines are ticked as „he dosen't know how to operate them“.

I know this is a long shot, but can somebody help me to create this database???

Thanx in advance.

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    well what kind of help are you expecting. This forum is apt for singular problems that you may face while development, expecting help in designing an entirel project is perhaps asking beyond the scope of this forum.

Please don't mind me saying this but If you have very limited or no knowledge of programming please don't undertake a project like this, coz it will be uphill task all the way.

Now something to get you going:
    you need to create tables. write down what all info you would like to record. then determine the different tables to put them in.

well we are all here to help you out. feel free to post any problems that you might face.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.