Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Continuous Form Woes Part 2

I hate to keep coming back here with simple, but intractable issues, but I find myself troubleshooting a coworkers effort at setting up her own database. I have a new form, similar to the previous form that I mostly have gotten to work with the exception that I can't undo partially entered records. I've tried macro, VBA code and hitting the escape button, all of which have no effect. I'm left with completing the record, then deleting it. The form in question is frmTLFB. The previous and similar form that we fixed was table housing events.

I am attaching a copy and hoping for a quick easy fix. I am leaving town for a few days, so I have a limited amount of time, before I head out. Otherwise I'll pick this back up on Tuesday.

PSH Outcomes Demo Revised tlfb.zip

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Is your table tblclients using a multi value field or a calculated value field? I can't get to the design of it nor can I operate your form with the version of access I have at the moment but in this form your user is still populating fields with empty strings ( = "" ) as opposed to a null value ( = null) you can try fixing those issues and see if it helps as it did on the last form you presented.

p.s. try like hell to get them away from multi value fields/calculated fields, they are a horrible idea.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    p.s. I cut and paste the code from frmHousingEvents to form frmTLFB and the undo function worked properly. I'd look for the difference is code and start there. You also, since you are trying to do validation on the data, may want to artificially fill the start date with the current date when exiting the field rather otherwise you're going to get that validation error message box every time.

Something like

if not isnull(housingcode) then
    enterdate = date()
    'do your validation here
    else

endif

Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I've fixed the nulls. I don't know about any calculated fields. I've warned against them, but that doesn't mean there aren't.

Finally after some fiddling it works. Using
    Code:
        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo
    did the trick and also my preferred method, which is to hit Esc, also works. Seems that should have worked all along, but I'm glad to have fixed my wagon before leaving on my trip.

Looking forward to some sunny days in Florida. The last 10 days here in Richmond have been the coldest of the year.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.