Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sukhjinder is offline Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    ALL the text boxes names and sequentially arranged if it required loop though the records

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Usually you would have a main form bound to the batteries table and a subform bound to the cells table.

I think you should read again the excellent advice given to you by Steve in post #13
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    My road map in creating the database is clear and i am determined that i will complete this. I have checked and come with a workable design that i will finish this with VBA.
    No offense meant. We didn't know how far along you were in the design because all you asked for was some code to be reviewed.
    All I was trying to say is you are doing this the hard way, but if you want to use VBA for everything, that is your choice.

You use different names in forms than the fields in the table - but I think I have it right.

"ID" is a very poor name for a field, so I changed them.

In form "frm_cells", select an "ALLOT SL" from the combo box and click SAVE.

Note that nothing stops you from selecting "ALLOT SL NO" 101 and clicking the SAVE button 5 times (entering 25 records).

This should get you started.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Access 2016
    sir i really thanks your a lot in helping me in this. I am just a small drop of water as compared with you as an ocean of knowledge. I really thanks your sir with yours help i will be able to continue my database. this really motivate me. This is an actual genuine project on which i am implementing ms access. sir thanks a lot.

No offense meant. We didn't know how far along you were in the design because all you asked for was some code to be reviewed.
    All I was trying to say is you are doing this the hard way, but if you want to use VBA for everything, that is your choice.
    Please don't mind my words if they hurt any of you on this forum. i was stuck up with this since last eight months. I have no one near to me for help. Thanks again

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Glad you are moving forward in your project.

But I still wonder why don't you want to use bound forms.. Bound forms would save you lot of programming time........

Good luck with your project....

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	26915
    please help sir

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Really, there is only one option - the right one. In your case, that is two (or more) tables. While having one might seem the easier approach now, it will turn out to be anything but. Exactly how you should set this up is still not clear to me since you reveal more information about the business at hand bit by bit.

If a battery can have cells swapped out, there needs to be a table for batteries and another for cells, assuming you want to keep any historical data about cells (such as specific gravity) from getting mixed up. Your cells table should include the battery id (which in the battery table would identify the battery according to the serial, location, or whatever means you use to distinguish one battery from another) AND a status field with two or more status' (InService, OutOfService). If there are 6 cells in a battery, there could be 10 rows (for example), for any given battery number, 4 of which are no longer associated with that battery (they are OutOfService). If you do not do something like this, you will lose all inspection history because the alternative is to over-write the cell serial in the battery table with the new serial. Your tblInspections would log the serial number against the inspection type. The inspection type should be a table of its own (if you added a new inspection, you do NOT want to have to add a field to this tblInspections). Now we have tblBattery, tblCells, tblInspectType, tblInspection and tblStatus (do not make status a table lookup field). With this sort of set up, you can query which cells are in any battery, which were ever in that battery, and all the inspection data for all cells in any battery.

I am going to repeat the intent from the comments in post #13 and #17 - you haven't formed a good plan of what is needed, and I think that's because you don't quite understand how databases like this should be set up. That understanding should come first - then you can layout a good plan and design accordingly. I suggest you read up on the following - I'm sure it will help you immensely and the result will be that you don't have to keep reaching out for help every step of the way. It might seem too much reading and you simply want a solution and move on, but this stuff will help you keep your sanity and stop pulling out your hair!

Normalization Parts I, II, III, IV, and V
    http://rogersaccessblog.blogspot.ca/...on-part-i.html

Entity-Relationship Diagramming: Part I, II, III and IV
    http://rogersaccessblog.blogspot.ca/...ng-part-i.html

How do I Create an Application in Microsoft Access?
    http://rogersaccessblog.blogspot.ca/...cation-in.html

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=225837
    http://www.fmsinc.com/free/newtips/primarykey.asp
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html
    http://www.utteraccess.com/wiki/index.php/Autonumbers
    Last edited by Micron; 01-04-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added info
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.