Yurimeta19 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

ListBox problem.

Hello, Basically my problem is this: Within a table in my database I would like to be able to have access append lets say Record1 to another table once an option within a listbox is changed from no to yes. Is this doable?

example. Record1 has been checked to yes. Append this record to a different table that is linked to an excel sheet so that excel will now have the new data on just the one record.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    *Bump* Anyone? =) I'm trying everything I can think of.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    generally the correct way to do this is not to actually move or append the data but to join the records as part of a query.

how is excel receiving data from Access? a link, in Access terms, allows Access to receive excel data and not the reverse per se...I'm an Access developer not an Excel developer....is there an Excel Link method which allows Excel to dynamically get Access sourced data? - if so - then it probably can connect to a query as easily as to a table....

Windows 7 Access 2007
    yes. I currently have a seperate table set up (linked) to pull records from the database. It works the exact same way as the reverse link (excel to access) however both the database and excel files are able to have the data changed within them.

I just can't figure out how to get the records that are changed to "Yes" to move into my linked table so that excel will be updated accordingly.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Hmmm I think what you said about linking to a query got my brain going. I queried the first table for the columns I needed where and set the criteria for the column in question to = Yes . This set up the desired query and from there I just linked the query instead of the table to the excel file.

Now if there was just a way to autorun the query every time the first table is closed.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    You could use a Datasheet Form to view/edit the first Table. Then you can just use the Form's On Close event to run the Query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.