AdamMax is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Access 2007, changing values of filed on table.

Hello everyone, completely 2007 Access beginner with very simple database, I'm an Ebay seller I created a database with one table for now has the following fields:
    Part ID number Manufacturer Number Description Location (bin number)
    I need some interface (form, query, module etc....) to make me able to change the location of items by scanning the Part ID number and then putting the new location for the item and this should be saved
    on the main table.
    So the form should have two boxes one for scan the Part ID number and the other one for the new location (cursor should move to the next box once the item scanned).
    This function will help me putting items on bins very fast and also when need to change location of an item.
    Please note this is not data entry form, function need to pull record on table by entering the prime filed value and than change or update data on the other fields.

Thank you very much.

AccessPower is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    I read over your post again and noticed that you said that it wasn't a data-entry form, but was used to lookup and the edit data. In that case, I've attached a database by which you can model your own. Or you can recreate your own form based on the idea.

1) Create a form (will be a subform later) and have all of the fields you'd like on it (Part ID Number and Location).
    2) Create another form that will be used as your main form.
    3) Add a textbox to the main form. Change the property of autotab to yes. Set the input mask at the length of the parts id (assuming they have a standard length. If they don't, this solution won't work).
    4) Add a subform to the main form, choose the subform you created earlier.
    5) Add some lookup razzle-dazzle in the after_update event of the textbox on your main form.

Code:
    Private Sub txtLookup_AfterUpdate()
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim check As String
    check = "SELECT * FROM tblEbay WHERE PartIDNumber=" & Me.txtLookup.Value & ";"
    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(check)

If Not rs.EOF Then
    Me![subEbay].Form.RecordSource = check
    Else
    MsgBox "No record found."
    End If
    End Sub
    6) Profit.

I've attached the database so you can have something to play with.

EbayLookup.zip

AdamMax is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Thank you very much AccessPower, I really appreciate your respond and your concern, It looks like i could not deliver my problem in a good way so here is the deal:
    I normally leave the location field (which is the bin number) empty when i update the table because at the time of filling the table I do not know where is gonaa be the item location, but later when i finish the table I start going back to the Items and assign location number for them (bin number) and this operation should be fast, so I'm thinking about getting an interface which letting me update the location number by entering the Item ID number, and save it in the table. Your form is like a data entry form which it got me to the first record on the table by default, I want to randomly scan an Item which is already in the table and assign or change it's location, I'm thinking about a query that let me update the location of item once i scan it.
    But thank you anyway for your time you spend on this, i really appreciate your help.
    I attached simple image hope it would help what I need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Assign locations for items..jpg  

AccessPower is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    The file I uploaded will switch to the location field once an item is scanned (you will need to adjust the input mask size, but it will automatically tab to the location field after 5 numbers are put in if they match what's in the table). You can use the subform for data entry.

In order to switch back to the Part ID field, you are going to need to either remove the tab stops from the other fields (other than location and parts ID) and then when you type the new location you have to hit the tab button on your keyboard. The other option is to use a combobox with a value list and either tab out of it or create an event to set focus on the parts id field once you select a location.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.