doss13 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Parameter query

Hi

I've created a parameter query & a form with which to enter the paramters in. I have 8 different boxes in which you can enter parameters. All works fine except one thing - I have a field in my underlying table called 'Weight' so 2 of the boxes in my form are for entering a minimum weight & a maximum weight so you can return a weight range. Not all records in the table have a weight.

So what I want is to be able to leave weight parameters blank & for the query to return all records within say a date range (put in via other boxes in the form) whether they have a weight or not (I can get it to do this). But I also want to be able to put in a weight range (via min weight & max weight boxes) & for the query to return records where weight is within that range only. At the moment when I put parameters in, the query is returning records within that weight range but also records where no weight is recorded. Is this possible to do? If so, is there a simple way as I'm not familiar with code.

Many thanks

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I think a querydef would be an easier solution for you. If you google for MS Access querydefs, I'm sure you'll be able to find alot of examples to show you the syntax, which is very straight-forward.

Quote Originally Posted by doss13 View Post
    Hi

I've created a parameter query & a form with which to enter the paramters in. I have 8 different boxes in which you can enter parameters. All works fine except one thing - I have a field in my underlying table called 'Weight' so 2 of the boxes in my form are for entering a minimum weight & a maximum weight so you can return a weight range. Not all records in the table have a weight.

So what I want is to be able to leave weight parameters blank & for the query to return all records within say a date range (put in via other boxes in the form) whether they have a weight or not (I can get it to do this). But I also want to be able to put in a weight range (via min weight & max weight boxes) & for the query to return records where weight is within that range only. At the moment when I put parameters in, the query is returning records within that weight range but also records where no weight is recorded. Is this possible to do? If so, is there a simple way as I'm not familiar with code.

Many thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.