Problem with Access 2003 database after moving PCs

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can help me, as I'm a bit out of my depth with a problem I have with my works Access 2003 database after moving it on to another PC (And the company that created the database has just gone backrupt!)

As we have just bought a new PC, I was put in charge of moving the database (which is used for our clients needs - we deliver meals to the elderly, and are a small charity) to our new PC, and to place it on a new partition (to keep it away from Windows in case of a crash)

I have done all of this (even copying the database shortcut that was on the desktop of the old PC to the new one - and then altering the drive on which the partition is now stored) but I keep getting an error message coming up: An unexpected error has occured in the database - Disk or network error: 3043. What does this mean?

Even the main page of the database is missing. All that comes up is a "sysStartup:form" box with what the startup page does! Is it because Access can't find the database properly on the new partition? How do you tell access where to find the new location? I have even tried copying the folder to the desktop, but to no avail.

Here's the spec of the PC and software:

Dual Core CPU
    3GB DDR3
    320GB HD
    Onboard GFX
    Windows 7 64bit
    Microsoft Office Access 2003 (The same version of Access that was used on the old PC)

Sorry to ask on here for your help, but a lot of people will go without food if I don't get this sorted ASAP. Many thanks in advance : )

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    a move - is a copy of the db.......leaving the existing db running until the new db is certain to be running ok.....

you left no backup on the old machine just in case?.....

as to your question; I doubt you are able to answer the question as to whether or not this is (was) a split db or not... there is really no way to say what you've done. I would seriously recommend you google or yellowpage around for some local expertise to assist....

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    a move - is a copy of the db.......leaving the existing db running until the new db is certain to be running ok.....

you left no backup on the old machine just in case?.....

as to your question; I doubt you are able to answer the question as to whether or not this is (was) a split db or not... there is really no way to say what you've done. I would seriously recommend you google or yellowpage around for some local expertise to assist....
    Thanks for the reply. I did leave a backup of the DB on the old PC (which is the PC we are using now) and it is working fine on the old PC.

When I moved the DB on the old PC to a new partition, I had to ring the creator of the DB to ask him why it wasn't working. He told me a way to tell Access where the DB is located, but I can't remember how to do it (which I think is the problem with have now) does anyone know how to do this? (It was in one of the menus at the top........)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.