flwo is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

database for tracking calls and interactions

Hello - I am trying to conceptualize an access database that does the following:

I have a report that I generate of errors from another system.
    I want to have the errors be the starting point for a team to work on resolving the errors.

I want the users to have the ability to leave notes based on conversations or actions they had.
    Some conversations with an individual or company could be on multiple issues - is there a way to bring up 1 error, but also have a count of other errors?
    One the user works the error as much as possible, save, and move on to the next.

On a weekly or next day basis, I need to add additional errors to the report - some sort of add AND UPDATE because the new error log will not know what happened prior.

I don't want to loose the notes based on the unique ID initially given in the error report... however, if the unique ID is not part of the next upload, it would be nice to mark the record as closed...

so, a written example:

unique ID 45AAB shows as an error. the screen will show all error records with the unique ID of 45AAB. I work on resolving the error in my other system and add notes.

My boss runs a new error report from the other system and when loaded into this database, if 45AAB does not come in, it is marked as closed.. if sometime later the same 45AAB were to appear in the error log, the notes would populate again...

Any ideas?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    take a look at the access templates, or google 'access templates' to find more to see if you can find one that matches most of what you want to do. Once found, adapt it as required.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.