brunces is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Access keeps on resizing objects by itself

Hey guys. What's up?

I use Access 2013. Every time I change the height or width of an object, by typing its size in the Properties pane, Access changes the value I've typed. For example...

I have this text box. I wanted it to be 0.5 cm high, so I typed 0.5 for the height and pressed Enter. Then, automatically, the value got changed into 0.502 cm. Then, I thought, "OK, maybe that's the way it is, so be it." For the next text box, I already new the pattern, so I typed 0.502 for the height and pressed Enter. Then, Access changed the number into 0.504 cm!!! What the!!! So, I typed 0.5 which was the value I first typed in the beginning. Then, it got changed into 0.501 cm, not 0.502 as it "should be". Geez!!! What an annoying thing!!!

At first, I thought there could be something related to the font size chosen for the text box, but later I realized that it actually has nothing to do with it.

Please, what do I have to do to stop that? Does anyone know? Doesn't Access just accept what I want?

Thanks in advance.

brunces

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    I cannot reproduce your problem but I have seen it in the past. There are properties you can change to maybe help you find out how it is happening. If you right-click the text box there are layout, align, size, etc. See if any of those are set in such a way as to tell Access to make it fit and maybe remove any that are set.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I still see this issue. In fact, I've copied and repeatedly pasted controls, then resized one (by dragging) and tried to use the same size numbers for the copies. The copies exhibited that behavior. I've always thought it was related to the grid size setting somehow; like you can drag it to any size, but using the property sheet might limit you to settings that align with the grid. One way to test that would be to make copies of a control as I described, drag one and use the same numbers in the copies. Find a drag size that can't be given to the copies. Then change the grid size. See if the number Access enforces for those controls can be applied to any of them, or does it now enforce some other number? If not, you could try more grid sizes and re-test. Or just live with it as do I. You are not the only one who has marveled at this behavior! If you test and discover anything, please let us know.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.