Phoenixenv is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How do i return distinct values in a report where the underlying query returns multiple values

Hi guys,

is it possible to return distinct values in a report where the underlying query returns multiple values - i cant change the query to DISTINCT because it uses an OBE field (photos).

Essentially i am building a report on target species (biological information, distribution maps, photos fo the species etc) for our field guys to take with them, often we will have multiple records of the target species that come through our government database searches that all need to be captured.

So i dont want the a species listed more than once for the report.

A subsequent make table query also wont work with OBE fields, so can i use a distinct clause in report filtering or similar to just return the succinct list of species for the report?

Thanks.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you can try using the grouping and sorting options in a report

Phoenixenv is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I love a simply solution Ajax, but i need to remove species from the report that are duplicated in the query, not simply group them together. The reason i have two instances of the same species is that when i query a number of government databases they will each return a similar set of species. But i need to provide a report to my client on which databases returned which species, so i cant ignore the second instance of the species being returned. However for the report i provide to the guys going in the field to look for those species they dont need to know from which source that 'expected species' came from - and they certainly dont need it listed twice.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    suggest provide some examples of your data and the required result for a more focussed answer. No point in me speculating what the issue is since from your description I do not see why you cannot get the result you want

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.