amkweb is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Object not found error... How would I see where the object is called

Hi,

I am using Access 10 trying to convert and old Access ADP to MDB.

Have been wrestling with lots of issues but this one I just can't seem to overcome.. Needless to say, The original programmer is not available!

When I open thIS existing report in Design View, it looks OK, no errors.
    When I open the same report in Layout View, it says can't find object 'mnuReport'.

Have been looking all over for 'mnuReport' but can't find it. Could someone help point me in the right direction? If it was an external object, there should be a corresponding file, correct?
    If not, could someone please tell me how I can look at underlying code and disable the call to mnuReport, the report, module or whatever it may be?

THANK YOU

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    mnuReport could be a custom menu built in another access. not in the report.
    or
    the report could contain code to open a menu.

cant say without the code in the report.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Agree with the possibility presented. Look at the property sheet, Other tab for the report and see if there's a value in the Toolbar or Menubar property. If you imported the forms, tables, etc. from another db, you probably didn't check off menu or toolbars when you imported.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

amkweb is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Agree with the possibility presented. Look at the property sheet, Other tab for the report and see if there's a value in the Toolbar or Menubar property. If you imported the forms, tables, etc. from another db, you probably didn't check off menu or toolbars when you imported.
    Could it be from an outside library? If yes, how would I know which Library to import?

Also, is there underlying code in Access that would show me where mnuReport is being called.

I can't find any references to it at all in the report. The error shows up after Report_Open event completes its operation and it's time for Report to be populated with data.

Thanks again!

amkweb is offline Novice
    I would be happy to provide the code. How would I show you the code in the report?

Can the report be exported as a text file where I can see how mnuReport is being referenced.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I am using Access 10 trying to convert and old Access ADP to MDB.
    I would think the extension would be "accdb" (for A2010). Why "MDB"?

Do a "Compact and Repair, then Zip the database. You should be able to post it if the zip file size is less than 2 MB.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Could it be from an outside library? Not sure what you mean. There is no "inside" library; all libraries would be external to the db. If it is a library db, you should find it in the Tools>References of the vb editor. It could be "missing".
    If yes, how would I know which Library to import? If you initiate 'Get External Data' from the ribbon, I believe the last path used to do this would be exposed. However, I'm not sure if that's specific to the open db or if it's a remembered setting for Access in general. It might let you know where stuff came from. Also possible that you'd know by doing the first suggestion of this post.

Also, is there underlying code in Access that would show me where mnuReport is being called.

Possibly. Post a pic of the property sheet, 'other' tab for the report and the code for the open and load events for the report if you cannot upload the db. Don't overlook the direction given that the db must be zipped in order to attach to your post.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.