Owl is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

How do you remove the Developer Tab in Access 2007?

Thanks for any help.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Developer Tab ??

No comprendo....

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for replying NTC. Perhaps Tab is the wrong term. What I mean is an Office Menu type option like File New, File Open, Developer and others that are visible when you click on the Microsoft Access button.

I can hide the Developer Tab when I make the database an accdr file (I am using it with Runtime), but on my QAT I have a Backup Database option which saves the backup of an accdr database as an accdb one and therefore one in which Developer is visible and able to be opened for users to create havoc.

I can't get rid of Recent Documents in the Microsoft Office Tab either, but as that can't be opened, it isn't too much of a hassle.

If Developer can't be hidden, it seems to me that I will have to choose between not having the Backup Database option or risking the users opening Developer in a backup.

If there is a way to hide Developer, I would be delighted to know. There doesn't seem to be a Control ID or a Tab ID for Developer either.

Thanks for any help.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    you can make custom menu/tool bars in Access. technique/implementation varies by Version of Access but is shown in all text books......

Hi Owl,

just click the office button while in an Access database, choose Access Options -> Add-ins -> in the bottom of the window you'll find the option Manage -> choose here COM Add-ins -> click "GO" -> disable the Developers Add-in

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi Noella

I tried 3 times to get a response in. The first twice, my hand bumped something and I went out. Fortunately the first 2 half messages didn’t get submitted. Then, when I had the whole message typed in, I lost my connection, but again, I wasn't sure whether it was submitted first. ( I currently have an extremely bad line.) So, because I don’t want 2 half messages in and 2 whole messages in where I probably don’t have the authority to delete any of them, I waited until now to make sure that they hadn't gone in. You need to know what a DIFFERENCE YOU HAVE MADE!!!!!

You are a huge STAR!

You have made my day, week, month, YEAR!

It was SOOOOOO simple, but yet SOOOOOOOOOO elusive. I just knew there had to be a way. I vaguely remembered getting the darn thing in, so I thought there just HAD to be a way to get it out.

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHANK YOU! Wow, wow and another WOW!

Kind regards
    Owl (Diana van den Berg)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.