CanGrow not working, and default print settings query

Hi all, I just upgraded from Access 97 to 2003 and have come across two problems I can't resolve.

First, I have a report to print invoices which includes a text box for a description. In Access 97, with CanGrow set to yes for both the text box and the Detail Section, this box wrapped extra text to a new line whenever necessary without a problem. In 2003 this suddenly isn't working -- the description is truncated despite CanGrow being set to yes and no overlap by other controls. I've looked around the net for answers, tried everything, and the blasted thing still truncates. Any ideas?

Second question: for several years we've been using a remote control program called Real Administrator to send the database to our remote office and print invoices. The invoices are set to print in draft form on my own computer but we want them printed nice for customers in the remote office, so that printer is set with those preferences. Access 97 picked up the local settings without difficulty, but with 2003 the report remembers MY print settings on the remote computer. I have to manually change the settings to "color" and "normal" every time I print an invoice remotely, which is a pain. This isn't a printer problem; we're using the same printers we were before upgrading.

This is making me sorry we spent the money for the upgrade.... Please help. Thanks.

Found one answer

I had a '>' symbol in the control's format box to display the description in upper case. Removing the '>' allows the line to wrap...but leaves me with descriptions in lower case. Now I have to find a way to convert all the descriptions in my table to uppercase, and there are hundreds!! Hopefully something simple like a UCase command in the control data will do it....

Rather annoying that MS would change this functionality and not document it anywhere (that I can find, anyway). :evil:

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.