ejohnso4 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

What does "not a valid bookmark" mean?

I have been using my form for a while and it has been working fine. I made a design change yesterday to add a subform.

Now, when I try to switch between records by typing in the record number at the bottom of the form, I keep getting the error message "Not a valid bookmark". To make it go away, I have to keep clicking okay over and over. Everytime I click okay, each entry block in the form displays "error#" until all entries say "error#". I have no idea was is going on.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    A Bookmark in Access serves basically the same function as it does in a Book. It saves a place in the Table. Generally, they're used whenever you make changes to the contents of a Table.

The problem is most likely in your VBA Code somewhere. Next time you get the error message, hit [CTRL]+[Break] To pop into Debug Mode. This will show you the VBA Code directly responsible for the error.

If still you can't figure out what is causing it, just include the code around the error in a reply and we'll take a look at it for you.

Note: Problems with VBA Code aren't always in the line where you get the error. You may need to look at the lines above where the error actually occurs to fix it.

mrlddst is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Any updates on this?? I'm trying to get to debug mode and CTRL + BRK does nothing but get out of the error msg.

mrlddst is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I am pasting records from a excel spreadsheet into a access table. I can paste fine but if I delete those records and paste them again, I get "not a valid bookmark" and the database corrupts.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.