Logix is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Structured Activity

I am doing a query for a co-worker of mine for Structured Activity..

I have to display any company that has done 3 or more transactions between the amounts of 7,000 and 10,000.. (I would have to display the whole record which has about 15 columns)

I do not know how to look both of these up in a single query.. Please point me in the right direction...

Company, Transaction
    abc, 5200

abc, 6300
    abc, 8756
    cde, 1500
    cde, 10000
    cde, 9500

The Result would be the 3 ABC's - with all the fields associated with them...
    Last edited by Logix; 06-09-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added more information

How about a simple parameter query with this in the criteria under the amount field:
    Code:
    BETWEEN [Enter value more then 6,999] AND [Enter value less then 10,001]
    then in your transactions field sort in decending order. Or set the query for the top 5 values. Not very elegant but it might be a starting point?

Logix is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Access_Blaster View Post
    How about a simple parameter query with this in the criteria under the amount field:
    Code:
    BETWEEN [Enter value more then 6,999] AND [Enter value less then 10,001]
    then in your transactions field sort in decending order. Or set the query for the top 5 values. Not very elegant but it might be a starting point?
    I began with something like this - the issue is - I have approx. 40,000 records that I need without knowing the how many meet this critiria...

This is the code I have
    Code:
    SELECT [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[OrderParty Name], [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[Transaction Amount]
    FROM [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing]
    WHERE [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[Transaction Amount]>=forms!structured!min1 And [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[Transaction Amount]<=forms!structured!max1
    GROUP BY [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[OrderParty Name], [Wires_I-incoming_O-outgoing].[Transaction Amount]
    HAVING (((Count(*))>=1))
    ORDER BY Count(*) DESC;
    I thought I could get away with the HAVING COUNT line - but that will only bring up duplicates if I increase that number... I just have to find out how to add in this code - the ability to look at these results and find records that contain 3 more from the same company name...

thank you again

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.