g8rnc is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Help a newbie

I created a database with 3 tables:

Table 1 is a simple table called Categories. It has an autoID field and a category field.

Table 2 is for Products. It has columns for Part # (Primary Key), Product Name, Category, On Hand Stock, Retail Price, ReOrder Level, and a discontinued yes or no box.

Table 3 is for Inventory Changes. It has Part Number, Date, Ordered, Received, and Sold.

What I'm trying to do is create a form that has combo boxes for Category and Part Number. The user selects which category from the 1st combo box and the 2nd combo box (part number) limits it's choices to that category. Then when the user selects a part number from the 2nd combo box the Product Name is displayed in a text field that the user cannot change (display purposes only). Below that I want a simple number input for Ordered, Received, and then Date. All this information should be put into the Inventory Changes table, but the combo boxes and the text display should be pulled from the Products table. This is the part I'm having trouble with.

I already have the conditional combo boxes working, but when I try to input inventory I get the following message: "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship."

Please help! Thank you.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    courtesy of our very own pbaldy.
    http://baldyweb.com/CascadingCombo.htm

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.