EScottHug is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Access 2016 won't bring up front end

I've been developing code in one .accdb, and the database tables in a back end file for a couple of months now. Suddenly, Access 2016 will not bring up my front end .accdb. It just returns to the Open dialog. None of the backed up front end/back end combos work now as well. I can bring up any back end just fine.

I've seen this problem when moving the front end/back end to another machine and thought it was to do with permissions/paths. My solution then as it will be here will be to create a new front end and import everything into it. That's gotta be easier than attempting to run Linked Table Manager in a Macro or VBA. It would appear that Access has a problem accessing the back end, but provides no other way to run Linked Table Manager. It is rude to exit without a peep you guys.

But any ideas as to what is happening here? Should I be developing in the merged front end/back end and separate them for production?

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    You may need to open the database exclusively bypassing the startup.

The linked table manager is pretty painless imo. On average 5 clicks to relink all tables to the new databackend.

I develop with back and front ends in same. After that split, to keep user downtime low. But really the complexity of the split backend shouldnt limit you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.