Amirmasoud is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Wireless Bar Code Scanners

I am trying to figure out how to connect/sync a barcode scanner to my microsoft access database. I have couple of wireless scanners which scan inventories in different places of a plant, and I want to see the scanned data at the real time in my database. Any tips how to do this?

Amirmasoud is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    I actually do not want to connect the scanners with hardware settings; the scanners (8 of them), supports wifi, and I want to see if I can connect them to the database (Access) through wifi and see the transactions at the real time. Does it just depend on the scanners and if they could do this settings, or if I can do this with programming in Access

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    Since they are WiFi I expect they probably transmit through your router and the LAN. If that's true then anything you can do over a LAN with Access you should be able to do with your scanners.

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi, it's possible that your scanner is only wifi back to the base that it is powered from, this in turn is then connected to the serial port on the pc. If thats the case then it may act as a keyboard wedge, Ie what ever field the DB is on will accept the input from the scanner. If this is not the case you will have to sort out how to get access to talk/listen to the scanner via the wifi, for this you may need to use a reference in the vba db library, so that access can see the scanner device and acept input from it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.