Jayro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit

Single Button/Event to Update Specific Checkbox on Continuous Form

I have a query that identifies un-reviewed items in a table (Reviewed = False). I am pulling those items into a "Multiple Items" (continuous?) form called frm_MilitaryCheck. The form has 3 fields
    1) Military Y/N (Checkbox),
    2) Business Name (Text) and
    3) Reviewed Y/N (Checkbox).
    For all records in this form, the Military Checkbox is visible and false (unchecked), the Business Name is displayed (read only) and Reviewed Checkbox is not visible and FALSE (unchecked).
    Users are told to Review the Business name, and if its Military, Click in the Checkbox. Once the records are viewed, They click a Reviewed button which closes the form. (BTW - I have an update query that runs After import and updates Exact Matches with Military = True and Reviewed = True. The records in the query based form I'm trying to update are fallout due to typos, unofficial acronyms, etc.)
    So now, when the data is Loaded or Unloaded, I want the Reviewed Checkbox value set to TRUE. How do I do that? I don't use Access often enough to know more that the basics. I think I'll be highlighting the FORM and adding an "On Unload" event but I don't know what to do from there.
    Here are the object names:
    qry_LikeMilitary - Queries data where the Military Field is blank (false) and the Reviewed field is blank (false). Runs after exact matches are reviewed in a separate update query.
    frm_MilitaryCheck - Pulls in the Military, BusinessName and MilCheck fields for all query results.
    Military Checkbox - chk_Military
    Business Name - txt_BusinessName
    Reviewed Checkbox - chk_MilCheck (Hidden)
    Using Access 2013, in Win7 64bit.

Thanks for your Step by Step response!

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    you run a query on the data. (not the form) The form shows the data.
    so after you upload the data, run a query, this will update all Reveiwed = true.

Jayro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    I do run an update query initially that can update records with exact Business Name matches. For example, when the Business Name is "U.S. ARMY" or contains "NATIONAL GUARD", the Military field is changed to TRUE and the MilCheck Field is changed to TRUE. But if someone entered "US AMRY" or "NATIONAL GARD" with an obvious typos, they need to be manually reviewed.
    The review form is populated with data from a query that looks for records that match MilCheck = FALSE. The data is presented in 3 fields. When they see these names, they currently ALWAYS click in the Reviewed (MilCheck) checkbox and if it is a military account, the will also check the Military checkbox.
    The form may have as many as 30 records a day so I would like to make it so thy don't have to manually check the MilCheck checkbox. In the example I'm providing, the records came through with non-approved names and they will have to be updated. The Salvation Army record will be added in a filter so it shouldn't show up again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbForm.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	24895

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.