dickn is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Question How can I print from a form without using a Report?

I have a form with a button "Send Email" that gathers variables and then opens an OutLook mail item. I copy the body (body = mailitem.HTMLbody) and then use Replace to change embedded keywords (like MailMerge but not). Then I replace the mail body (mailitem.HTMLbody = body) and then mailitem.send with a To: filled in etc. Works like a charm. Now I want to print out a letter (for those without an email address) with the same information.
    1) Is there a way to print the formatted email item? Like .print or .printout (tried - didn't work)
    2) If I open a WORD doc the same way as the email can I manipulate the .body the same way?
    3) I've read about using MailMerge (and do use that manually) but the "replace" looks messy.

Reason for doing this is so the email .msg and or the word .doc/.docx can be updated easily. If I go the Access Report way then it needs techies to make changes.

dickn is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Alan,

You pointed me in the right direction but things have changed since you wrote this. Word 2013 is very different in how fields are setup and how they are replaced programatically. I spent over an hour of trial and error until I got it working. If you Google "How to define form text fields" you'll find some good sites that show how to do it in several versions of Word.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.