gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Parameter value popup-why?

Forum has changed-where are all the category selections?

I have program that uses a “master” form to select a customer. From that master form, the user (among other things), selects and opens Pricing Forms where he enters detailed data to determine a final price for the selected object for that particular customer Id. Each Pricing Form is for a different type object. It is opened from the master form using vba modules. The master form always remains open.

When the user finishes pricing an object, then wants to price another type object for the same customer, he closes the pricing form which takes him back to the master form. He then selects another object pricing form and enters needed data.

I would like the user to be able to move from one pricing form to another for the same customer without using the master form.

I put a button on one of the pricing forms to open another pricing form. The code closes the active pricing form, them calls the same module used by the master form to open the new pricing form. The new pricing form opens OK, but I get a popup that says “Enter parameter value” and shows “Forms!F_JibPrice!break2” and a place to enter values. JibPrice is the form just closed and JibBreak2 is an expression (not a field) on that form.

If I click the popup’s Cancel or if I enter numbers in the provided blank, the popup closes and I get another identical popup. I repeat procedure on new popup and new form is useable. If I click OK for both popups, I get another two identical popups with message “Object Invalid-No longer Set”. Once rid of popups, the new pricing form functions as designed.

This is puzzling. The code used when I close the first form, then click the button on the master form to open the other pricing form is the identical code used when open one pricing form from another. Yet, one procedure works fine, the other gives me the parameter value popups. I see other items in this forum with similar hassles with “Parameter Value”, but none quite fit this situation.

Any help much appreciated.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I would suggest opening the IDE and forcing a compile.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You said "The code closes the active pricing form, them calls the same module used by the master form to open the new pricing form." Try closing the form at the end, instead of the beginning.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Through goofs, I posted this thing twice in two categories, Chat and Programming.. I had another reply that suggested the same thing. It works. I don't understand why, but it does. Thanks much. It is great to have this site. Never used this "chat" screen before. How show "solved" for your reply?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I inadvertently posted this in two places. Two other replies suggested closing the first form after opening the 2nd rather than before. It works, don't know why. What is IDE?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Happy to help! The why is that something in your process refers to the form. If you close it before that point, the process can't find it so you get the parameter prompt.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.