johnpeter is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Need help with homework - Help Appreciated!!

So I have to assume the following:

Suppose you have three customers: Ajax, Baker and Champion. Suppose Ajax is located in Sydney, Baker is located in Singapore and Champion is located in Sydney.

Assume you have two salespeople: Johnson and Jackson (Make up email addresses for each.)
    Assume you have three products: P1, P2 and P3. Periodically, your salespeople meet with customers and during these meetings, they agree on product prices.

The salespeople can pitch either of the three products in each of these meetings, but the customer will only ever purchase one of the products during a specific meeting. Some customers negotiate better prices than others, so the price varies by customer.

Assume that there will never be more than one meeting per day.

So the question and task is:

use a database to keep track of the price quotations.

•  Create a new database using Microsoft Access and create the following three tables:
    • CUSTOMER (CustomerName, Location)
    • SALESPERSON (SalespersonName, Saleperson_Email)
    • PRICE_QUOTE (Date, Product, Price, CustomerName, SalespersonName)
    •  Assume the following: CustomerName is the key of CUSTOMER; SalespersonName is the key of SALESPERSON; and Date is the key of PRICE_QUOTE (assume that there is no more than one meeting per day).
    •  Make appropriate assumptions about the data types for each table column.
    •  Assume that a customer can have more than 1 price-quote, whereas a price-quote belongs to one and only one customer. A sales person can create many price-quotes while a price-quote is created by one and only one sales person.
    •  Check Enforce Referential Integrity for all relationships in your ER diagram.

This is my relationship Diagram, im not sure if this is correct?

This is what I get when I type in data for my excel sheet.. I cant get past this.... Please help. The question is: Fill all your Access tables using the same data that you used in question 4-a. Place an image of your populated tables in your assignment Word document.

The problem comes when I type in the salesperson name.. I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days now. Watching tutorials, guides etc. I just can seem to be able to figure this out.. Any help would be greatly appeciated!!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    tCustomer.Customername must link to tQuote.CustomerName.
    you joined it to Sales.

(side note, you shouldnt use names as keys, since they can repeat. Use autonumber id's.)
    But your design will work for this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.