Dinger045 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013 32bit

Sales Locations and Sales to Locations

So I am still fairly new to Access, and I have tried tutorials and step by step instructions but I am failing at making a connection on how I want this to work, based off the tutorials.....I mean I know what I want....it's just I don't know how to do it. I want to create a database where I can type in a sales location number, and it pull up information that I have on two separate tables. So for example, on one table I will have a the Sale Location Information (SaleLOC#(Primary Key), Street # Street Name, City, State, Zip) and on the other table I will have the Sales Location Service (Invoice# (Primary Key), Date of Invoice, Worker ID# (which I presume may be its own table)Service performed, and Cost)

How do I get these multiple tables to pull up a summarization of the Sales Location......would I use a form? Like I want to type in a Sale Location and show me every service done....and then the total cost that the location has accumulated over a year period. Does this sound possible?!? And if so how would I do this?

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sounds like a classic one-to-many arrangement set up on a form and subform. The Sales Location Information table would be the recordsource for the main form and the Sales Location Service the recordsource for the subform.
    You will need a Foreign Key in Sales Location Service pointing back to Sales Location Information.
    Google 'form subform tutorial'.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.