tonycl69 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Criteria controlled nested IIF statement

Hi all, my database is based around vehicle maintenance etc, so my query looks if a vehicle has been inspected, and calculates from that date to the next based on a given number of weeks, this all works fine for reporting purposes. What I would like to do is also show the last known mileage whether inspected or not. The inspected field is a yes/no. so in the criteria of the inspected column I have a yes, but this of course limits the results for the report, is there a way to show the max of mileage and if inspected or not. This is my query.

SELECT tblmain.Unit, tblWorkdone.Unitid, Max(tblWorkdone.NewJobDate) AS MaxOfNewJobDate, tblWorkdone.Inspected, tblStatus.Status, tblCategory.Category, Max(IIf([Serviced]=-1,[tblworkdone]![mileagehours]+[mileageint],[tblworkdone].[mileagehours])) AS [Next Service]
    FROM ((tblmain LEFT JOIN tblWorkdone ON tblmain.Unitid = tblWorkdone.Unitid) INNER JOIN tblStatus ON tblmain.StatusID = tblStatus.StatusID) INNER JOIN tblCategory ON tblmain.CategoryID = tblCategory.CategoryID
    GROUP BY tblmain.Unit, tblWorkdone.Unitid, tblWorkdone.Inspected, tblStatus.Status, tblCategory.Category

HAVING (((tblWorkdone.Inspected)=Yes) AND ((tblStatus.Status)<>"sold" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"disposed" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Yard Use Only" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Stolen" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Spares Only" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Inactive"))
    ORDER BY Max(tblWorkdone.NewJobDate) DESC;

Hope this makes sense please feel free to ask any questions.

Tony

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    make a query on MAX(milage), CarID.
    do not put inspected in the query.
    now join this query to your tVehicle table to pull vehicles and their max.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks Ranman256, I appreciate your input, I have done what you suggested and that's great, and shows me the max mileage etc for each vehicle. When I produce the report for the workshop to show next weeks inspections, I then don't see all max(Mileage).

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    if you are missing recs, then some records do not have a milage
    either you don't want to see them
    or
    you need an outer join to show them... show all vehicles, but some with milage

Windows XP Access 2007
    This is what I have now:

SELECT tblmain.Unit, tblWorkdone.Unitid, Max(tblWorkdone.NewJobDate) AS MaxOfNewJobDate, tblWorkdone.Inspected, tblStatus.Status, tblCategory.Category, Max(IIf([Serviced]=-1,[tblworkdone]![MileageHours]+[mileageint])) AS [Next Service], qry_MaxOfMileageHours.[maxofmileagehours] AS lastKnownMileageHours
    FROM (((tblmain LEFT JOIN tblWorkdone ON tblmain.Unitid = tblWorkdone.Unitid) INNER JOIN tblStatus ON tblmain.StatusID = tblStatus.StatusID) INNER JOIN tblCategory ON tblmain.CategoryID = tblCategory.CategoryID) LEFT JOIN qry_MaxOfMileageHours ON tblmain.Unitid = qry_MaxOfMileageHours.Unitid
    GROUP BY tblmain.Unit, tblWorkdone.Unitid, tblWorkdone.Inspected, tblStatus.Status, tblCategory.Category, qry_MaxOfMileageHours.[maxofmileagehours]
    HAVING (((tblWorkdone.Inspected)=Yes) AND ((tblStatus.Status)<>"sold" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"disposed" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Yard Use Only" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Stolen" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Spares Only" And (tblStatus.Status)<>"Inactive"))
    ORDER BY Max(tblWorkdone.NewJobDate) DESC;

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.