dbasekiwi is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Angry Access Database forms not working properly - possible issue with Visual Basic

Hi

I am doing some work on a very old Microsoft Access database. It was probably built using Access 97!

Because of the lack of sophistication of Access then, all of the actions of the database are triggered using a single VB file with subroutines.

This database was copied to my server which meant that initially all of the connections to the database tables were routing to the wrong directory. I upgraded the old database to Access 2013, and I have rerouted all of the table locations which means that everything in the database front end and back end connect correctly.

However, all of the Visual Basic routines are still not working, which means that whenever I push a button on the database to open a form, nothing happens.

I don't know enough about VB to work out how to fix this. Do I have to alter the code somehow, or is there somewhere in Access I need to alter to get the code working properly again?

Thanks
    Karl

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    all of the Visual Basic routines are still not working
    have you checked that the code actually fires when a button is clicked and have you checked for missing references.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    You also need to put the front end into a trusted location (see file>options>trust centre>trusted locations) and/or also enable the code

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.