dominover is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Lookup values not appearing in Lookup field?

I have been following the instructions in the 'Microsoft Access 2002 Bible' on how to use the wizard to create a lookup table in Access.

From what it says, it tells me that the field in the table I am doing the lookup in, should be updated to display the new values from the table you are looking up from.

I changed all my field Data Types to 'Text' for the purpose of avoiding any problems with data types.

Here are my tables.

Table1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tbl1.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	23977

Table2

Name:	tbl2.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	23978

Resulting Lookup Properties.

Name:	lookup_properties.png 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	23981

Unfortunately, when I display Table 1 (the table I'm doing the lookup in) in 'DataSheet' view, it doesn't display my Lookup values but I can access them through the Combo box placed in each lookup field / record.

As you can see, comparing to my original Table1 above, the values in Table 1 Field1 remain the same but I can change them to the lookup values using the combo box. I thought the values in the table field I applied the lookup to were supposed to be updated to reflect the lookup values. Why won't they??

Name:	result_lookup.png 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	23980

If you look at the question the issues are different. Not to mention they're on different forums. On the other forum nobody seems to know what I need to know about access.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Regardless of which forum you are dealing with, cross posting without providing a link is frowned upon.
    Here is why.

Do some research on MSAccess Lookup Field vs Lookup Table. These are different things.

Rather than childish bickering about asking questions on two forums, try to consider that if an individual cannot get an answer on one forum they're going to go to another. What's more, they're different questions.

It's incredible that you have taken the time to point this out without any attempt at all to solve the issue.

What's worse, it has very little to do with you where I post. Your comment above suggests that your presence has become more about policing for the sake of policing and little about helping others.

This was a carefully laid out question which you have now ruined. It could have benefited others. If this is something you have purported to care so much about, then how about reading it carefully and attempting answering it for the benefit of all those users you're trying to save!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.