beast_b9 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Memo field ?

Hello everybody, this is my problem. I have three tables, company (with fields like name, place etc..), contract ( date, end date) and third table which contains 2 examples of contracts i call it choice ( idChoice, tekst (memofield). I created a combo box which is related to another table based on filling up automatically company values but that is not important now. I am trying to create combo box which look up values in choice table (2 example contracts), which will behave like default value when you choose one of them in combo box, problem is , when i editing something in that field ( from form) it is automatically changed in the table choice, how can i look up the values in one table , and save them to the other, so that the original table that have the values is not changed? and when you create new record the value of the (in this case memo field) is same as before despite the changed previous record.

beast_b9 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    is it possible to fetch text from external document like word to fill memo field? so that every time you start new record it fill memo field with that text ... and changes are record in database not in document?

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Take a look at the DoCmd.TransferText VBA command. It should do what you want.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.