oldhiway is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Locked out of my Access POS

I have a Microsoft Access POS system that I have been locked out of. In short, what happened is as follows...

A "friend" designed my POS for me for a fee, which I paid. Later I asked him to add some features, which he did, but they did not function correctly. I asked him to fix them before I paid him for them. He refused, insisting that I pay for the upgrade *and* extra for his having to fix them. Basically wanting me to pay for them twice. I told him no, and that I would just continue to use the POS as is, without the upgrades. The problem now is that when he originally designed the POS for me, he did something that made it stop working on a certain date, and that date has come. When I attempt to open the POS, my log in request opens, but when I attempt to log in, Access gives me a security warning (stating that some features have been disabled) and when I select to open database, a window pops up saying "optimizing, please restart database." When I attempt to re-open it, I get the same security warning, etc.

I'm not going to pay him twice for the updates that don't work, and he's not going to do anything til I pay him. So, I'm pretty much stuck.

I am completely clueless as to how this POS works, technically. Does anyone out there have any advice on how I can get it running again. Or, if anyone out there wants to help me out by looking at the program, I could upload it somewhere for you to download and check it out. It's only about 19 mb in size. It's nothing graphically fancy, but is an extremely good POS system. If you can help me out with this, you'd be more than welcome to have a copy of it if you'd like.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Zip it up and you can attach it to a post here. Use the "Post Reply" button and scroll down to Manage Attachments. What proof do you have that it is in fact your db?

Windows 7 Access 2007

Zipped program

This forum won't allow an attachment over 2mb. One of the files won't zip up to a size under 2.5 mb. Is there somewhere else I could upload it to for you, or could I email the zipped program to you?

Thanks!
    Last edited by oldhiway; 05-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I'd really recommend that you delete that username/password from the Forum. If someone needs it, you can PM it to 'em, but it really shouldn't be broadcast like that, no matter how unlikely it is to be useful to the random Joe.

As a general rule, you never give out passwords. Ever. Not even to the network administrators or to management.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    You can send it to me at Rural Guy at Wild Blue dot Net.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Are there spaces or upper/lower case letters in that email? I tried using it but my message was returned to me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.