kacocal is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Smile How to import data to the back end table.

Hello all,

I have a database and I can successfully import data to the front end table by using the command DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport. Right now, I would like to import data to the back end table directly instead of the front end. Are there any ideas how I can do it?

Thanks in advance.

RAshA.pro777 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean in front end?

cyanidem is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    You can import data exactly same way. Back end table is just a table in "Back End" database linked to front end.

RAshA.pro777 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Aha, ok i use the same idea , i have big db distributed in many companies then in the end of every month thay send them copes to me and i send the data to major db on my computer, now i will tell you how it work:
    *first step I should send owners data to each government db copy
    * then they take it and gathering the info
    * after gathering information from each owner they send it to me on email to collect the data
    I use buffer tables to send ( insert) data from first db to major db stored in E:/ partition on my laptop , hmmm can you tell me is this help u? To continue

Thank you all. I need to try all your suggestions first. I am sure that this will help me to achieve my goal.

Hi
    cyanidem, do I need to rename my tables in back end different from that of front end? It is because when using the command DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, it hardly for MS Access to determine which tables to import, right?

Thanks,

cyanidem is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    I'm not sure if I understand what are you trying to do.
    First of all, you shouldn't have any tables in frontend really, that's what backend is for.
    If you have a code that works for importing required data from (what I understood) excel worksheets then all you need is adapt this code to reflect table names to which you want import it. No need to rename tables, only change import parameters in your code.

Actually, I was working on a database which I need to import several files from Excel to MS Access. It is not that difficult to do. Since the database size is not that large and I did not split into front end and back end tables. As the database size become larger and larger for importing more excel data into the database, I think that there is a need for me to split the database. I have tried to import data from Excel file into the front end table, but this gives me errors. So, I am thinking of importing data from Excel directly into the back end table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.