Error404 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013

Forms do not print, completely blank in print preview

Quite simply, the form (when asked to print) will consistently show blank and PRINT blank (I've tried ignoring the print preview, does not work).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	access form.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	23484
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	access blank print form.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	23485

In addition, if I format the form to be less that 8 inches wide and 11 inches tall, it still shows up blank. I've also tried leaving only 1 record in, still blank. No matter what I do, it seems to always print blank.

Any ideas?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Forms are not intended to be printed. This is what reports are for. And reports are not intend for screen viewing of data. However, each can be made to serve in those roles, although not ideal.

Print of form will not be just the current record - but will print ALL records of the form's dataset.

Better off printing a filtered report.

Don't know why you are getting blank output. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2013
    I originally wanted to create a report that essentially looked like the form only formatted properly. The problem is that there is no built in way to create a report that focuses on one specific record. It expects many records, which is frustrating and not user friendly to my clients. Printing a form seemed far more logical. If there is a way around this that you know of, please let me know. I noticed many forums on the internet expected me to start coding things which seemed unnecessary for something that I assumed would be a simple task for access to perform. I CAN code and have coded, but it seems like an error prone solution that was not intended.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You can set up a report to only print certain records.
    I suggest you take up June's offer and post your database/

Windows 10 Access 2013
    I followed the instructions found here: http://msgroups.net/access.reports/l...1-record/43962

which somehow I overlooked before or was just too tired yesterday to go through with it, you need to code this into the print button on the FORM.

Private Sub NAME OF BUTTON_Click()
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    DoCmd.OpenReport "NAME OF REPORT", acViewPreview, , "[NAME OF UNIQUE FIELD (i.e. ID)] = " & [NAME OF UNIQUE FIELD (i.e. ID)]
    End Sub

And you can just copy the form contents from design view into the report, then change the Control source of the report from "SELECT blablabla" to "NAME OF TABLE"

Now it works great. Apologies for the onslaught of threads, I just figure if I'm having the problems, someone else will, so hopefully archiving them is helpful to the forum.

EDIT: this solution does not fix the problem with the FORM being unprintable, but achieves the desired affect of printing the individual record. If you want to print just the form, create an identical report and do it that way. also, if you have subforms, you need to create a report for each subform then include that in the report instead.
    Last edited by Error404; 01-20-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add note, clarify name of field

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.