Hi,

Bit of a noob here but do know the basics of Access

I am designing a database for the recording of training sessions - we want a main training sheet to record what the training was, location of training, delegates, trainers and so on

I have created a table called Session which holds training topic etc and due to the fact delegate and trainers are M-to-M relationships I have created 2 junction tables between delegate table and session table + a junction between trainer table and session table. I have married these together using 2 queries and then created a form frmSession which is associated with the session table with 2 sub-forms based on the queries/delegate/trainers table

This works fine but now we need to do a report on the delegates base which can change often - the base is stored in the delegate table but I have no clue how to get the training session to look in to the delegates records and record this base and if it changes keep the original record in place - I wrote a simple update query but its a pain running it constantly and I feel I am missing something obvious - any clues?

Tbls

Session
Session ID PK
Topic

Delegate
Delegate ID PK
Name
Base

Trainers
TrainerID PK
Trainers Name

Junction Delegate