balajigade is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Configuring Router

Though appears to be very simple, I'm getting stuck up. I want to connect my WiFi router to the office LAN so that I can access the net from my smart phone through WiFi. The Delink ADSL 2730U modem-router I want to use has a default IP address 192.168.1.1. I'm able to get access to the router default website only when it is connected to the telephone line but not when connected to the LAN. However, my PC is working fine with the router, with the LAN inserted into one of the WAN ports. . So how do I configure my router and the smart phone?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Why are you asking this question in an Access forum?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

balajigade is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Apologies, if I've chosen the wrong forum.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This user forum site is dedicated to Access database program. I have no idea what site would be appropriate for your question.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I can't understand what your issue is, exactly. It sounds like you can get to the router settings when you connect your PC directly to the router. It sounds like you cannot connect your PC to the Router's hub and access the network. It sounds like you cannot connect your phone to the Router via WiFi.

The router is probably using the wrong IP and or subnet and is not even connecting to the Network. I suggest you get with IT and have them help. They can provide the correct info regarding network addresses. The ideal situation would be to provide them with the router's MAC and have them create a reservation on their DHCP. Also, there are many other settings you will need to get correct on your Router before providing WIFi to your company's network.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.